Thursday, April 21, 2011

Formula: Warm, Room Temperature, or Cold?

My mother and mother-in-law swore that formula had to be warm. Initially, I cringed when I saw friends giving their baby room temperature formula. However, middle of the night feedings quickly changed my mind. More traditional mothers will insist a cold bottle would cause gas. There is NO science that backs this. In fact, at times my son will prefer a colder bottle, especially if he is warm. The truth is if your child is not picky and will take their bottle any way, consider yourself lucky. One difference I have found is that Damon may take a little longer with a cold bottle if he is not warm, but overall, I have yet to see a real difference. The choice is up to you, but there is no need to lose sleep (literally) over giving your child a warm bottle when a cold one will reach the same goal- a full and happy baby.

Enfamil Premium Infant Formula, For Babies 0-12 Months, 23.4-Ounce
Enfamil Newborn Infant formula Tub, 0-3 Months, 23.4-Ounce
Similac Advance Early Shield Baby Formula, Ready to Feed, 32-Fluid Ounces (Pack of 6)
Similac Advance Early Shield, Formula, Powder, 23.2-Ounces (Pack of 6)
Gerber Good Start Protect PLUS, Powder, Case Pack 24-Ounce Can (Pack of 6)
Gerber Good Start Gentle Plus Formula, 8.45 Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment