Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Follow Up: Kid's Birthday Parties

So..... I have struggled with this. Damon's birthday is in March. It is not warm enough for any outdoor parties like the park or moon bounces. So what do you do? I have done Chuck E Cheese. If you do it on a Sunday, it is not awful- but still exhausting. As far as houses go.... this is not an option for everyone. Plus, you need activities for the kids. Many other options are not practical cost-wise. For this time, I would like to open the floor to you.... the readers. Please, give me some ideas!!

So here we are year 4 for Damon and year 1 for Ryan....This is an overview of what I've done for parties:

Damon:

1 - Chuck E Cheese (I know! For a 1 year old?) He loved this place. It was on a Sunday. Because of that, it wasn't crowded at all! The one where I live is very clean. Overall, I was very happy with it. We also had family at my mom's on the actual day.

Theme: Sesame Street. I did Cookie Monster cupcakes for the party. I loved these. They were not difficult to make, and adorable. I also did an Elmo Cake for the celebration at my mom's house.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006BMPO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00006BMPO&linkCode=as2&tag=momdadbabrev-20&linkId=ZYGKVINK4TVL52AE



2- Chuch E Cheese. This time, it was on a Saturday. I HATED IT. Way too crowded, and we felt just like a number. I think this place really comes down to the time.

Theme: Cars! I made cupcakes. I did a variation of these:


3- I went ALL OUT! Damon had just become a big brother, and I wanted him to feel special. We had his birthday at a place that was full of inflatables (Sport Bounce of Loudoun)! This place was AMAZING. I did have one serious complaint. The party moved at too fast of a pace and it was super expensive. It was very fun!

Theme: I went with Jake and the Neverland Pirates. After doing my research, I decided to go with cupcakes.  I bought figurines for the cupcakes. I also bought Damon a Jake costume. I handmade party favors by buying brown cloth and making satchels with coins, tattoos, dubloons, etc...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU2IDSM/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00CU2IDSM&linkCode=as2&tag=momdadbabrev-20&linkId=BSPFJ7UGPIJO3APU

4- I am doing a Skylander Party at my house - stay  tuned for more!!!

Ryan:

1- we did this at our house. Sesame Street themed. I brought back Cookie Monster and Elmo. I bought more decor for the house. It was very nice!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00767PTWO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00767PTWO&linkCode=as2&tag=momdadbabrev-20&linkId=LSB3CXY6M5CDSPAI


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057O6576/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0057O6576&linkCode=as2&tag=momdadbabrev-20&linkId=55JLGMQIA37JBHFK



No comments:

Post a Comment