Thursday, April 21, 2011

Newborn and Size 1: Huggies vs. Pampers

So, we tried to figure out which diaper was best. My mom swore by pampers. Plus, that is what the hospital gives you. We started with Pampers. When my son continually wet himself everywhere, I decided to try out Huggies. We later found out the problem was more how we were diapering him (boy parts facing down). However, I do prefer the Huggies for a few reasons. Both diapers have a line on their newborn "swaddler" or "snuggler" diapers which changes color when they are wet. Huggies has a cutout for the umbilical cord; so, you don't have to fold the diaper down. Huggies are more decorative. Most importantly, though, the Pampers almost feels wet on the outside where the Huggies do not when the diaper has been wet. That may be a personal preference, but I liked Huggies more for that reason. Finally, Huggies has easier tabs to work than Pampers. As for which one has less leaks, I found they are pretty much equal in those terms. Anyway, I hope this was helpful.

Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers, Size 1, 168 Count
Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers, Newborn, 84 Count
Pampers Swaddlers Dry Max Diapers, Size N, 84 Count
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Economy Plus Pack, Size 1, 234 Count

No comments:

Post a Comment