Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What to Give an Infant with a Cold

I am starting with this.....please check with your doctor before using any of this. When Damon had a cold, I was at a loss at what to give him. He did not have a fever (so no Baby Tylenol). He had a stuffy nose and a cough. After talking to my doctor and a pharmacist, I found what generally helped to ease his symptoms.

1. Humidifier and Vicks: This will help him breathe easier. I even use this for myself now. I attached one.


2. Baby Rub: This never fails to crack Daddy up (he associates it with pork rub, steak rub, etc.) It is a baby safe Vicks vapor rub. Damon LOVES this. He gets excited when I take the jar out. It really only temporarily alleviates symptoms, but it works well. 


3. Saline Nasal Spray: This works well with clearing the sinus passages and helping with a stuffy nose. After using this, my sons congestion went away quickly. 

4. Johnson and Johnson Soothing Vapor Bath: I have not used this one myself, but I have heard it is very good. It helps get baby to sleep easier when they are not feeling so good. I use all other Johnson and Johnson products; so, I cannot imagine this is bad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment