Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pampers versus Huggies (a Battle of the Diapers)

              Pampers versus Huggies...........the age old question mothers have been asking since the start of both companies. For Damon, I have tried both. If you ask me, there are pluses and minuses to both. It really depends on what you want as a parent. 

Pampers






(+) These diapers are very soft. Very nice and probably very comfortable for the baby. They also mask the smell of urine     a little bit more than the Huggies. 
(-) These diapers get very squishy when wet. I have noticed that they are more prone to leaks. They will also occasionally explode (meaning those beads on the inside will come out)----- GROSS! Their tabs also stick to everything. 

Huggies:






(+) I have found these to have fewer leaks and do not explode. They are not super squishy when wet. I also prefer the Disney theme designs as opposed to the Sesame street ones on Pampers. I also prefer the tabs on these (they don't stick to everything else).
(-) Moms that don't use Huggies generally complain they are not soft enough. The other complaint I have heard is you can usually smell when your baby goes #1. 

The decision is really up to you, and you probably will not know until you use one. I have just shared my personal experiences with each to help those who may be stressing over this. Also, to reduce costs, I suggest signing up for Amazon's monthly delivery. It really knocks off 1/3 of the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment